Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Fri Fam Faves: Nutty Noodles!

I'm about a month overdue for one of these features.  Today I'm sharing a recipe that is Audrey approved. 
If you haven't seen my previous posts mentioning this, my 5-year old daughter, Audrey, is a bit picky and often fickle about her culinary preferences.  
However, she loves peanut butter, cucumbers, noodles, and green peppers.  So a dish that combines them is right up her alley. 
So, I present to you...NUTTY NOODLES!  A delectable dish that is similar to Thai Peanut Noodles without the heat. 
Noodles!  Peanut Butter!  Soy Sauce! Veggies!  By these foods combined, it is...
 
WTF!!!  WHAT DID I TELL YOU BEFORE?!  Who let you back on my site?  Go choke yourself, you weird eco-freak-geekazoid!  Ugh...I can see his AREA!

BRRRBRRGGHHHH...anyway, these items combined make a guaranteed crowdpleaser in my house. 

To make this you will need:
1 bx spaghetti or other pasta
2 T toasted sesame oil
1/2 C peanut/cashew/almond or sunflower butter
1/4 C low-sodium soy sauce
2 T rice or red wine vinegar
2 t honey (if you spray the teaspoon with PAM, the honey comes out easier)
1 T coarsely chopped fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 scallions or 1 rib celery chopped
1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced/sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced

Cook noodles.  
While noodles are cooking, combine 1 T of the oil with the nut butter, soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, vinegar, honey, ginger, and garlic in blender.
Puree10-20 sec or until thick, but pourable. Thin with water, if necessary.
Drain noodles and return to pot with the remaining Tablespoon of oil.  
Add dressing to noodles and toss well, coating noodles thoroughly. 
Top with chopped veggies and serve.

And there you have it!  I think this recipe came from Rachel Ray, but I'm not sure.  I will give credit to the picture of the noodles to www.kateinthekitchen.com, as I did not have a pic of my own version.  So, thanks Kate for letting me use your pic without permission.  Seriously, she's awesome.  Go check out her site and tell her I sent you.  

One last note...when I find out who let Captain Loser back on here, I'm gonna force-feed them haggis!

 
Okay...maybe that is a bit harsh.  Maybe I'll just challenge them to a round of the Mr. T board game.
I PITY THE FOOL WHO LET THAT JOKER BACK ON HERE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Mr T board game!!???

    WANT.

    (food looks yummy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a version of this without the vegtables.
    It was way to thick and goey. It may have been my choice of pasta.. Angel Hair.. I probably will use linquine or regular spaghetii the next time. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete