Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Tropical Elvis-wich

It is well-known or, at the least, often purported that a favorite snack of The King was deep-fried, peanut butter and banana sandwiches.  I decided, this past Saturday, that I would upstage the Lord of Graceland and make my own version.  I kept the basic elements and decided to add my own special flair.  What we have pictured above is a grilled  peanut butter-Nutella-banana-coconut sandwich or as I like to call it, The Tropical Elvis-wich.  Yes!  No healthy vegan alternative in THIS post (although, there are no animal products involved other than the milk in the Nutella spread)!  I pretty much took my daughter's request for a sandwich and ran with it.


   Audrey asked me for a peanut butter and banana sandwich and I decided to up the ante. "I'll see your PB&B, and raise you an Almond Joy (sort of)!  So here's the sandwich in process...

   Skippy Organic peanut butter and 'nanners on one side,  Nutella and Mounds coconut on the other.

   BY THEIR POWERS COMBINED, THEY ARE...
 
WTF?  How the...  Dude, you need to get laid...

   Anyway, it makes one kick-ass sandwich and made me wish I had had more bread and less willpower.  Audrey absolutely loved it.  In fact, she wouldn't stop bugging me while making it.




    Everyone enjoyed this tasty treat and some would say that someone enjoyed it a bit too much...


How did that pic get in here?  Heh, heh well at least I'm not Captain Virgin up there...

No comments:

Post a Comment