Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Family Fave Friday: Domino's Pizza.

Okay, I know this looks like a copout, but I SWEAR Domino's is a Family Fave.  Up until about six months ago, every Friday was Domino's Pizza time at our house. 
Get the door...it's a college student with no future.
We still do this from time to time, but pizza Fridays has become less of a tradition and more of a special event.  But, honestly, Domino's has been a fave of mine since this guy was their mascot...
Yes, me and Domino's have a bit of a history.  Not to mention that my parents go to church ON Domino's HQ property.  In fact, Tom Monaghan, the creator and former owner of Domino's Pizza funded the building of my parents' church.  But I digress...
Most of the time we get Hawaiian Pizza, due to my daughter Amelie's love of ham, which in turn is due to her obsession with thinking she is the title character from the movie Ponyo, who also loves ham.
We often try to take advantage of their $5.99 for two or more medium 2-topping pizzas. The only roadblock we usually have is, of course, our oldest and most food picky daughter, Audrey.
seriously?
Yup, her discriminating tastes often force us to get one of Domino's tasty pasta breadbowls.
Fortunately, Domino's also has online deals for mix and match with three of either sandwiches, breadbowls, or medium pizzas.

The best thing about Domino's now is the new crust.  I was a major fan before, now it's near obsession.  It almost reminds me of Hungry Howie's,

which unless you are from Michigan or Ohio, you probably have never had...which I find sad.

Anyway, join us next time for a review of one of my new favorite restaurants in Hampton Roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment